Inventory management course
This inventory management course will provide you with the expertise to help your organisation take inventory management to the next level. By linking theory to practical examples, we will h ensure that you understand the ins and outs of effective inventory management. We will help you to analyse your inventory situation in order to use the insights to develop concrete improvement plans to action within your own environment. After completing this course, you will be an expert on all things related to inventory management.
Why take this training session?
Understand the importance of inventory within your organisation and identify which environmental factors impact what inventory is required and in what quantity. Develop quality improvement plans and identify how best to action these initiatives.
- Understand the importance of inventory
- Identify the most appropriate inventory strategy
- Gain insight into your inventory situation
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the demand planning within the organisation
This course takes place over 4 days, starting at 09:00 till 17:00 each day. Coffee, tea, soft drinks and lunch will all be provided. This course takes place over 4 days, starting at 09:00 till 17:00 each day. Coffee, tea, soft drinks and lunch will all be provided.
- Identify the importance of inventory
- Understand the different the types and functions of inventory
- Identify different types of inventory costs
- Understand what an inventory strategy is
- Ordering and inventory costs
- Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)
- Influence of ordering on inventory costs
- Service levels
- Impact of external variables
- Gain insight into your inventory position
- Understand the purpose of ABC
- Carry out effective ABC analysis
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the planner within your organisation
- Understand the specific expectations of inventory management from different team members and divisions
- Identify responsibilities around inventory management
- Apply supplier management tactics
- Understand which key performance indicators (KPIs) are most important
No specific logistic knowledge is required. However, knowledge of the company itself will contribute learning process. The training will end with a test and successful participants will receive a certificate.
Zutphenseweg 29 G1
7481 AH Deventer
Free for full-service customers
For other participants: € 1800
Trainer & Consultant
Get in touch for more info
Rutger helps distributors, manufacturers, and retailers attain a higher level of supply chain knowledge
Contact Rutger to find out how you could increase the supply chain knolwedge of your team.
Contact Rutger directly