Are you going to speed up development of machine learning applications and guide transition from prototypes to production software?
At Slimstock, we help customers make the best decisions for their inventory through automation, data insights and advanced modeling. We are constantly striving to translate theory to practice within the field of inventory management and optimization. Using the state of the art in data science and machine learning, we continuously develop and extend our Slim4 services to unlock the full potential of our clients’ data.
In our growing research department, we conduct research and create prototypes for improving our existing Slim4 services and introducing new functionalities and machine-learning applications. We collaborate closely with our clients to test our prototypes on real-life data sets to obtain maximum model performance. We continuously develop ourselves and each other by sharing our knowledge and experience and by collaboration, both internal and external. Especially with the complexity of today’s supply chains, the research department plays an essential role in satisfying our clients’ needs and maintaining our high standards for the services we provide.
At Slimstock, you will support the implementation process to guarantee a successful transition of our latest research prototypes to production software. Additionally, you will contribute to the further development of our research code base and future prototypes.
Your activities and responsibilities are:
- speed up the development of machine learning applications and other novel functionalities;
- guide and support the transition from research code in Python to production code in Java by collaborating closely with our team of programmers;
- expand our automatic testing capabilities for quality assurance and identification of (potential) problem sources;
- support the business by investigating functional and technical problems related to the machine-learning applications;
- write production-quality code and packages for our research code base in Python;
- improve our existing tools and software by optimizing for speed, memory and efficiency;
- review others’ work and provide constructive feedback;
- document and present project results in a clear and professional manner;
- work independently with minimal supervision.
What does Slimstock have to offer? We offer you:
- the opportunity to apply your knowledge and development skills to make real impact on our clients and the world of supply-chain and inventory management;
- a fun place to work in an international and a no-nonsense environment;
- an exciting job in one of the most innovative teams in our industry worldwide;
- personal and professional growth opportunities in a growing and leading firm;
- immediate excellent salary and benefits;
- early responsibility;
- inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues.
- a MSc. in computer science, machine learning or other relevant quantitative discipline;
- at least 3 years of experience in software development;
- a Python expert with working knowledge of Java;
- experience using machine-learning frameworks and data analysis;
- comfortable with statistical tools and relational databases;
- a desire to create optimal conditions for the success of machine-learning applications;
- an interest in supply chain and inventory management;
- a team player and eager to learn;
- fun to work with;
- a hands-on mentality.
What will make you stand out?
- working knowledge of Spark and the Scala programming language;
- experience in the field of supply-chain and inventory management;
- experience applying machine-learning solutions in production.
Do you have a passion for solving complex real-world challenges that involve data science and inventory management? Do you have a strong educational background in mathematics, computer science, data science or operations research? Are you a team-player, eager to learn and fun to work with? Then we have the perfect fit for you at Slimstock.Solliciteer direct