For our Netherlands office, we are looking for a Software Engineer.
Are you the developer we are looking for to speed up our development of machine learning applications and guide the transition from prototypes to production software?
At Slimstock, we help customers make the best decisions for their inventory through automation, data insights and advanced modelling. We are constantly striving to translate theory to practice within the field of inventory management and optimization. Using the state of the art in data science and machine learning, we continuously develop and extend our Slim4 services to unlock the full potential of our clients’ data.
In the growing research department of Slimstock, we do not just conduct research and create prototypes, but we are actively developing our existing Slim4 services and introducing new functionalities and machine-learning applications. We continuously develop ourselves and each other by sharing our knowledge and experience and by collaborating, both internal and external. Especially with the complexity of today’s supply chains, the research department plays an essential role in satisfying our clients’ needs and maintaining the high standards for the services that we provide.
What you will be doing as a software engineer?
At Slimstock, you will support the implementation process to guarantee a successful integration of our machine learning application in the production software. Additionally, you will contribute to the further development of our research code base and future prototypes, help improve our continuous integration process, elevate the team by demonstrating excellent technical skills and a high standard for software engineering best practices.
Your activities and responsibilities are:
- Speed up the development of machine learning applications and other novel functionalities;
- Guide and support the transition from research code in Python to production code in Java by collaborating closely with our team of programmers (e.g., weekly meetings, pair programming);
- Write system design documents that specify how machine learning functionality should work in isolation and in harmony with other components in the software (e.g., easily maintainable and testable architecture, memory, CPU and SQL performance, graceful error handling);
- Help further automate our continuous integration process for quality assurance and identification of (potential) problem sources (e.g., automated pipeline for unit and integration tests);
- Elevate the team through mentoring and demonstrating a high standard for software engineering best practices;
- Write production-quality code and packages for our research code base in Python;
- Debug, test and solve technical problems related to machine-learning and adjacent functionality independently;
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback (e.g., code reviews);
- Document and present project results in a clear and professional manner;
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
What Slimstock has to offer you
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge and development skills to make real impact on our clients, the research and development team, and the world of supply-chain and inventory management;
- A fun place to work in an international and a no-nonsense environment;
- An exciting job in one of the most innovative teams in our industry worldwide;
- Personal and professional growth opportunities in a growing and leading firm;
- Immediate excellent salary and benefits;
- Early responsibility and room for innovation;
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues.
- Flexible work policy: work from home at most 4 days a week, occasionally work from abroad
What you bring
- A MSc. in computer science, machine learning or other relevant quantitative discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in software development, preferably in the field of machine learning or data engineering;
- Experienced Python user with working knowledge of Java or another typed programming language;
- Experience building, maintaining and operating ML software solutions in production;
- Experience with automation (tools like command-line scripting, docker, airflow, GitHub actions, etc.);
- Comfortable with relational databases;
- A desire to create optimal conditions for the success of machine-learning applications;
- An interest in supply chain and inventory management;
- Excellent written and verbal skills, which are essential for this role;
- A team player and eager to learn;
- Fun to work with;
- A hands-on mentality.
What will make you stand out
- Working knowledge of Spark or alternative big data frameworks;
- Experience in the field of supply-chain and inventory management;
- Experience with automation of testing and CI/CD for ML applications.
This is where you will be working
Slimstock, with over 1,300 customers, is a market leader and specialist in providing knowledge and software in the areas of forecasting, demand planning, supply chain management and inventory management. Our software package Slim4 helps customers get the right stock in the right place at the right time. We help our customers reduce inventory while increasing service levels.
We are a growing, international organization, with a down-to-earth work mentality and like to put our shoulders to the wheel together. We lunch together daily in our own Slimstock Café, where we have weekly drinks. We also have our own Slimstock Academy where both our clients and our own (international) colleagues attend training courses. Time to work hard and time to party, if you like that you could fit in well with us.
Do you have a passion for solving complex real-world challenges that involve data science and inventory management? Do you have a strong educational background in mathematics, computer science, data science or operations research? Are you a team-player, eager to learn and fun to work with? Then we have the perfect fit for you at Slimstock. Apply using the contact form below!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not desired