Implementation Consultant Slimstock North America (full-time – Toronto)
At Slimstock we dedicate all of our time and know-how to making sure our customers can rely on the best tools to outperform their competition. We believe that having a winning Supply Chain is a necessity to survive and can easily influence ROCE (Return on Capital Employed) by more than 25%.
After many years of implementing inventory optimization software, we figured out that the key to success is the combination of best of breed solutions and the right understanding of the impact of inventory. That is the result of well-aligned processes, systems and personnel.
We are looking for a Consultant with a broad view of Supply Chain Management but with a good knowledge of inventory management and forecasting.
The main responsibility is to initiate and lead Inventory and Forecasting improvement projects. The responsibility starts with assistance at the pre-sales stage, through the analysis of the current situation through the design of the solution up to its implementation by using the capabilities of our inventory optimization tool Slim4.
During the project, you will also gradually build a preferred relationship of trust with several contacts within the organization of the customer through your competence and empathy for the customer’s situation.
You are able to effectively coach people, to manage and inspire a team and to manage resistance to
change in order to reach the project targets.
You will be responsible for a large variety of projects, customers, industries and markets each offering its own unique challenges.
- You have 3 years+ relevant project experience in a supply chain consultancy role or you have 4 years+ relevant experience in a demand and supply planning role
- Fluency in English, French a bonus
- University Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business
- You have an expertise in inventory management at all levels (Strategic, Tactical and Operational) and in practices like Forecasting, MRP, ABC Analysis
- You have a good understanding of supporting information technology (ERP solutions such as SAP or Microsoft Dynamics)
- You have sales experiences within the consultancy and technology domain and are familiar with value selling
- You have good problem solving and analysis skills, you can rely on organizational and people management skills and have project management expertise
- You are no-nonsense, open and direct in communication
- Ability to travel 35- 50%+ of your time
- Didactical qualities: you know how to teach people
- You have self-study capabilities
- You always want to know “the why”
- You are responsible and autonomous
What we offer
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Scope to advance as the business grows
- The opportunity to develop and grow our market with a young enthusiastic team in a start-up environment, with the luxury of having resources available from Europe.
If this sounds like the job you have been waiting for, please email your resume and cover letter to: Danny Bloem
Slimstock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.