Basic User Training
Are you considering purchasing Slim4 Inventory optimization software, or are you a new Slim4 user? Sign up for the Basic Slim4 User Training and learn all about the capabilities of the software. During this four-day training session, you will gain valuable insight into the use and functionalities of Slim4; all with the help of an expert trainer.
Why take this training session?
Understand the basic principles that underpin effective inventory management and recognize how to apply them in Slim4.
ABC / XYZ Classification
- Interpret and apply the ABC / XYZ classifications
- Understand the impact on the safety stock and identify the optimal order point
- Service levels can be determined and rationalized
- Recognize different types of sales patterns and apply the correct demand class
- Distinguish between stocked and no-stocked items
- Understand the impact that product lifecycles have on the forecast
Master data & the importance of keeping it well maintained
- Understand the operation and ensure that the basic parameters are clear
- Understand who owns the parameters and the importance of regularly reviewing the business rules
Application of Slim4
- Utilize Slim4 independently and with confidence to complete the tasks in hand
This course takes place over 4 days, starting each day at 09:00 until 17:00. Tea, coffee, soft drinks and lunch will all be provided.
- Slim4 Logic & working methods
- Demand classes
- Forecasting and exception management
- Order management
- Optimization of purchase orders
- Batch size optimization
- Product lifecycle management
- ABC/XYZ analysis
- Simulation & export of data from Slim4
- Managing items at a group level
- Evaluation & review
The Basic User Training is intended for beginner users of Slim4. Any knowledge of inventory management is desired but not necessary. An understanding of the business itself will contribute to the knowledge building process. Non-Slim4 users with an interest in how Slim4 is used to support inventory management within the organization are welcome.
The training will end with a test whereby successful participants will receive a certificate
Free for full-service customers
For other participants: TBD